Escape Sacramento is Hiring! Apply here.
Calling all escapists – Escape Sacramento is hiring!
Our team is growing, and we want YOU to be a part of it!
We are looking for part-time employees to fill the roll of Operator. We offer a starting wage of $15/hr, with a raise to $17/hr upon successful completion of a 3-month training period. We are looking for someone who is creative, personable, and is available for 15-20 hours per week on nights & weekends.
Start date is May 24th, 2018
Applications accepted until the 14th of May, 2018
What does an Operator do?
Good question! The Operator’s primary job is to run Escape Room games, including:
Greeting players as they arrive, signing them in, explaining the rules of the game, etc.
Using our 6-monitor, 8-microphone, 8-camera setup to watch up to three teams play at once, while providing hints as needed
Leading teams out of their scenarios, debriefing them, and showing them out
“Resetting” everything in our four scenarios to its original position; repairing or replacing puzzles/decor as needed
The Operator will often be responsible for:
Responding to e-mails, phone calls, etc.
Scheduling private events and dealing with other special circumstances as they arise
Following up with recent players via e-mails, team photos, etc.
Maintaining the Escape Sacramento social media presence
Maintaining a clean space, well-stocked bathroom, etc.
Anything else that needs to be done! (We’re a very small business, so everyone has to be ready to pitch in on whatever needs doing.)
Who should apply?
If you’ve read this far and are still interested… probably you! Here are our basic requirements for applicants:
- Available 20 hours per week
- Personable / likes people
- Weekend availability: you prefer to work on weekends
- Tech savvy (social media, basic computing, electronics, willing to learn new skills)
- Hands-on: not afraid to work with basic hand and power tools
- Flexible: able to think on your feet and do what it takes to solve any problems that might arise
- Organized and analytical: able to keep track of numbers, documents, spreadsheets, protocols, etc
- Likes puzzles and games; likes or is interested in real-life room escapes